● Be Attentive-When your child speaks to you give them eye contact and listen make them feel what they are saying is important to you.
● Make a child feel special-Praise children when they do a good job and also for trying hard. Tell children you’re proud of them when they put a lot of effort in something. Give complements and tell them that they are special.
● See the learning in mistakes– When a child makes a mistake turn the negative into a positive. Focus on what he/she learned from the mistake.
● Be a positive role model- If you are constantly hard on your-self, putting your self down or pessimistic your children will see that and may eventually copy those same feelings. This may lead to them to feel that way about themselves.
● Tune in to their feelings- Sometimes this can be hard especially when a child has done something wrong and you yourself get angry and when to yell and scream. Sometimes a child doesn’t understand what they have done